New platform to support digital capabilities that will accelerate product changes, enhance service to customers and improve agency engagement
COLUMBIA, SC; Oct. 17, 2016 – Duck Creek Technologies today announced that Cumberland Insurance Group has selected Duck Creek Billing and Policy to transform its core operations. The integrated platform will consolidate multiple systems and provide the functionality that will enable the mutual insurer to enhance customer service, access real-time information, and improve interactions with agents through a portal that supports all lines of business.
Additional Duck Creek components and tools that will be utilized by Cumberland’s employees, the independent agents and the customers they serve include:
- ISO Templates for commercial lines products provide an out-of-the-box set of content for ISO, NCCI and bureau products as well as an on-going subscription service for circular maintenance.
- Product Studio enables business users to quickly drive product changes to market by automatically validating rate testing and providing full traceability of product requirements, helping establish and publish premiums for customers.
- Customer 360 consolidates data into a single view of a customer with information spanning a carrier’s enterprise sourced from other Duck Creek applications or integrated external systems – one central point of all customer information regardless of system of origin.
- Balancing and Controls enables intersystem balancing among the software suite components and from third-party systems with audit logs of errors that ensure accuracy of system balancing.
- Testing Automation Center increases testing efficiency and automation by allowing users to easily create, edit and execute test scripts for Duck Creek web-based applications, driving faster product rollouts.
Cumberland, who serves customers within the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, will begin implementing the software solutions in a phased rollout with the assistance of TCube Solutions, a Duck Creek delivery partner.
“To move forward with our digital strategy we needed to secure a system solution that would make it easier to conduct business, improve engagement, and scale with our growth,” said Rob Musick, chief information officer, Cumberland Insurance Group. “Duck Creek’s solutions will take us into the future by allowing our company to keep things simple and transparent for customers and agents, while continuing to deliver the speed of service and product enhancements they expect.”
“All of us at Duck Creek are so pleased to have been selected by the Cumberland team to provide the modern platform that will help them realize their business goals,” said Michael A. Jackowski, chief executive officer, Duck Creek Technologies. “While digital technology will continue to evolve, Cumberland will have a system that is future-ready with the ability to capitalize on new opportunities.”
Duck Creek Billing and Duck Creek Policy are included in a suite that also incorporates Duck Creek Claims and Duck Creek Rating software. The configurable software is designed to work independently or as a combined approach to manage all aspects of the P&C insurance lifecycle. It can be deployed through an on-premises implementation or via Duck Creek On-Demand, a differentiated Software as a Service model.
About Cumberland Insurance Group
Founded in 1844, Cumberland Mutual Fire Insurance Company is the oldest mutual property and casualty insurer domiciled in the state of New Jersey. Cumberland protects more than 100,000 policyholders in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. They hold an A- (Excellent) financial rating from the A.M. Best Company, the insurance industry’s leading rating organization. Cumberland has built lasting partnership with over 400 independent agencies representing the company throughout its four states. Cumberland is committed to helping policyholders gain peace of mind and protection that fulfils their ever-changing needs. For additional information, please visit www.cumberlandgroup.com.
About Duck Creek Technologies
Duck Creek Technologies is a leading provider of comprehensive P&C insurance software and services for insurers of all sizes worldwide. Employing progressive technology, Duck Creek solutions enable insurers to optimize outcomes and enhance engagement through advanced digital and data capabilities and integrated functionality that can be delivered via the cloud or on-premises. For more information, visit www.duckcreek.com.